If you create a lead magnet and it is specific to what your prospect wants then it can build your email list.
So what? What will happen if I build my email list?
Well, emails are a personal space for most of the people. If you have an awesome specific lead magnet and are engaging with your list regularly, then there is a high chance that in the future, your email list will even buy your paid products.
Emails build relationships between you and your prospect. But, this is a post on lead magnet. So, the main reason that I am talking about emails here is to stress on the point that lead magnets, build email lists.
If you create a lead magnet, which is specific only then people will opt-in and your email list will grow. So, let’s find out how to build high converting lead magnets.
What do your prospects want?
Ask yourself, your customer support team, and look at your customer avatar template for answers.
What are they asking regularly? If you know those questions, then you can create a lead magnet easily answering those questions.
For example, people selling dating advice can make a lead magnet answering the question of “How to optimize your Tinder profile to get your first date?” This is a great lead magnet because it is specific and answers the prospect’s question.
Maybe they want a checklist or a cheat sheet or a free webinar to get more information. Think about it. What does your prospect want?
Make your Elevator Pitch
Once you have figured out what your prospect wants, the next step is to pitch them properly. If you do not convey to them that this lead magnet can solve your problem in this particular manner then people won’t buy, isn’t it?
People have a very little attention span. So, consider that you have only a minute to pitch your offer. What would you say? Here are a few steps
- First GRAB THEIR ATTENTION in any way you can think of. For example, say something usual, use a prop if you are doing a video, use bold or captions, etc
- Next, INTENSIFY THE PROBLEM. Speak about their pain points. If you know your customer properly, then this is easy.
- TELL YOUR SOLUTION briefly. Show them your credentials and testimonials.
- INSERT A CALL TO ACTION. Ask them to opt-in for the lead magnet.
That’s it you have your elevator pitch ready.
Make your Landing page SIMPLE
Take it or leave it. By simple I mean the following things:
- Only one clickable link, which is your CTA to opt-in. Keep no distractions, because either they will buy or they will exit. If they exit the page then you can retarget them using Fb ads.
- Make a no-brainer offer.
- Use an easy to read design.
- Include testimonials, your credentials, or even a video guide on how to use this lead magnet.
In summary, while creating a lead magnet that converts, the type of lead magnet is not important. It can be an ebook, checklist, case study, or whatever.
What matters is that it is specific and gives what your prospects want from you.
Also, if you do not follow up regularly on email once you have got their contact details, then people will forget about you. Hence, there would be no use of creating a lead magnet then.
So, set up your email marketing strategy beforehand.
If you enjoyed reading this article then make sure to share it with someone who will find it useful. Till then take care.
Watch this video: