This blog post is all about giving you a simple checklist to see if you are writing your copy correctly which will increase conversions.
The aim of this blog post is to give you a quick Kickass Copywriting Secrets checklist. This is what you should try to include in your copy.
No nonsense kickass copywriting secrets checklist.
- Know your customer well before writing by creating a customer avatar
- Do the research on your product
- Have a clear idea of what you are selling
- Write like you are talking to a friend
- Aim to solve their problem by first connecting with them emotionally
- Write with passion. Read the blog post on how to write with passion here
- Use the power of stories
- Find your voice. Use 1st person, 2nd person or 3rd person point of view while writing your copy
- Always show them the future benefits that your prospect will get after they use your product
- Show them how their status will change or how they will feel and how their average day will change if they use your product
- Know your unique selling proposition and Statement of value
- Persuade your prospect as much as possible. Follow up with them if they leave your landing page or sales page without buying. Retarget them
- Use Power words in your copy like ‘Incredible’, ‘Secret’,’Mind-Blowing’, etc
- Weave emotions through your words in your copy
- Show empathy towards them and target their insecurity.
- Don’t always use ‘you’.You can use ‘I’,’ We’,’ He’ or ‘She’
- Show your credibility in your copy in the form of your testimonials, data, facts, etc
- Show what impact has your product bought on people
- Spend more time on writing headlines. Keep it unique,useful,urgent and ultra-specific
- Include only one Call to Action
- Show them there is nothing to lose by giving them a warranty or money-back guarantee
- Don’t Overuse words
- Start with excitement
- Keep it simple
- Use Active Voice
- Get to the point
- Use the PS Section to include more credibility or urgency.
- Use short sentences and use contractions for more emphasis (It’s, Don’t instead of It is and don’t)
- Take the breath test. Meaning if you read your copy while walking fast and you are out of breath, then you have to cut it down and
- Final Amazing Copywriting Secret is, look at the famous copy’s and write them down 5 to 10 times. You will start writing better by yourselves
Must Read the book: The Adweek Copywriting Handbook
Watch This Video:
These were the copywriting tips for beginners. II hope you found this blog post useful. If yes, then comment below. Thank you for reading and I hope you apply it in your next copywriting project.